As the hurricane relief efforts continue in Texas, the people of Florida are just starting to come to grips with their new reality. Fellowship Bible Church is committed to continuing the support of these relief efforts and we encourage you to consider joining us. You can give to these efforts, here. Be sure to select 'Disaster Relief' in the first drop down menu. All relief funds given to Fellowship go to Arkansas Baptist Disaster Relief, Samaritan's Purse, Red Cross and the Salvation Army. Please continue to pray for those effected and those who are serving.
It is certainly heartbreaking to see the devastating images pouring in from the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey. Countless lives have been forever impacted and entire communities will spend years recovering from this storm. In the weeks to come, news coverage will fade and the national attention will shift away from this region, but many of those who experienced the storm will be taking their first steps back into their flooded homes, coming to grips with the loss they’ve experienced. The storm may be subsiding, but the brokenness is just setting in.
As a church, we could easily become paralyzed by the bigness of it all, but we must remember that God isn’t asking us to fix the world, but rather be a faithful presence in it. It is with this spirit that Fellowship Bible Church is entering into the recovery efforts. The following plans are in place to Send Out the One, and we ask that you prayerfully consider how you can be involved.
- We call on you to join our brothers and sisters around the world in praying for the people impacted and the first responders who are risking their own safety to serve those in need.
- As the recovery efforts get underway, let these moments serve as a tangible reminder to hold loosely to things of this world, and cling tightly to the One who is in control of it all.
- We encourage you to consider offering financial support to the Fellowship Disaster Relief fund by going to Fellowship Online Giving and selecting Disaster Relief.
- You can also send in your donation through text. Simply text the word DISASTER followed by the amount you choose (ex. “DISASTER 50”) to 501-406-2577. If this is your first time to text give there will be additional set up required.
- Disaster Funds given to Fellowship Bible church go to Arkansas Baptist Disaster Relief, Samaritan's Purse, Red Cross and the Salvation Army.
- A group of Fellowship men and women who are part of a certified Disaster Relief Team will be headed down to Texas to provide aid with meal distribution in the next couple of weeks. Due to the structured nature of the recovery efforts, only certified individuals are allowed into the affected region at this point.
The Arkansas Baptist Disaster Relief team is hosting two emergency food trainings on Sep 6 or 13 at the Arkansas Baptist State Convention (ABSC), 10 Remington Drive, Little Rock. The cost is $30 and you will walk away certified to help with the feeding efforts. Teams leave weekly from ABSC and you will be notified of the schedule and can deploy as your schedule permits. Please note, the expectation is that you commit to seven days of service (2 days travel and 5 on site). They estimate being onsite for the next three months with the feeding units. Click here to register for either of these trainings.
- Arkansas Baptist Disaster Relief will offer certification training on September 9 at Central Baptist Church in Jonesboro, and on October 14 at Geyer Springs FBC in Little Rock. If you are interested in attending either of these trainings so that you can go and serve in a hands-on capacity, please contact Clayton Lee at
for more information or visit http://www.absc.org/ministries/disasterrelief/ to register. (Please note: this training is subject to cancellation.)